Saturday, June 26, 2010

Moving On

Well time flys. It has officially been a year since Michael Jackson died and I was in the USA when the news broke. Since then I returned to NZ and then moved to Australia. September 11 will be my anniversary for having been in Australia for a year and I will be spending the weekend in Melbourne courtesy of Michael.

Well I am due to move to a new share house next weekend which I am looking forward to. It is one suburb closer to the city than where I am currently living. My room is smaller but the house seems really nice so I look forward to settling in. It is also coming up a year in my job of course which means I am due for review. I am about to start a work diary of the work I produce each and it's value so we have a base to review in September. This does make me a bit nervous as I am a little concerned that my performance as up to scratch but I know my skilled have developed alot over the past twelve months.
I am finally starting to get settled over here and starting to get familiar with areas in the city and the location of suburbs and shopping centres. Michael and I planted a herb box last weekend and it is already growing nicely so it is another task off the list of things to get organised. It's hard to believe I have been here so long and am only just getting things ticked off the list now. I guess I have been reflecting a little on the past two years and the journey I have been on to get me here. Got a new job and moved to Hamilton, studied in Switzerland, holidayed in London and Texas, spent time in NZ, moved to Sydney and holidayed back in NZ twice. I am looking forward to Hayley visiting in August, my weekend in Melbourne and then Lee-Anne, Jade and Zane in September and my return to NZ for a couple of weeks over New Years.

No comments: