Thursday, January 15, 2009

Arrival in Switzerland



I am here after a lovely smooth train ride that runs exactly to the minute which turns out to be an advantage as when the train ride is 1hr17 you can work out which stop to get off at. Apparently it doesn’t normally snow in Neuchatel but the place has been blanketed with the white stuff since New Year’s Eve. Went for a walk today (10/01) to check out where the school is with some of the other students and it snowed on the way. My trainers are holding out at the moment as sufficient foot wear so am not going to get any snow boots at this stage. There are six people on my course, four of which are in the same accommodation as me.

My room is very large, alot larger than some of the others in the building which is very interesting as you pay different amounts according to room size. I was not given a choice so hopefully I am not paying more unnecessarily as I would prefer a smaller room and fewer dollars. It is too big and uncozy like.

Last night’s dinner was very yummy pasta, but way too much of it so am going to find out if I take a container if I can keep my left overs for lunch because it would just be going in the bin otherwise. If you are not going to be around at meal time you can leave a container and they will keep it for you so hopefully this will be ok. Just went to the shop only 5 minutes up the road (Denner) and got some cup of soup, half loaf of bread, nutella and four bananas which only cost 8,45 CHF. Meal times are different weekdays to weekends. Monday-Friday breakfast and dinner are served, Saturday breakfast and lunch is served and on Sunday it is breakfast and brunch (till 12.30pm).

No comments: