Sunday, April 5, 2009

Home

Well I have now been out of New Zealand for three months. It feels like not so long ago that I was at home and Lee-Anne and Jade got engaged, ate too much at christmas and had a very tearful goodbye. Yet at the same time it feels like I have been gone for ages! So much has been going on in my absence, friends having engagement partys, people getting new jobs and shifting houses. When friends are away and you read all the exciting new experiences they are having you wish you were out there doing that too and then on the flip side when you are out there trying new things and experiencing different countries you wish you could still join in with what is going on back home. I guess it comes down to enjoying where you are at in life and appreciating what you have. I was saying yesterday that there are always people better off than you in the world same age with more assets have done more things with your life, this is to give you motivation to continue to strive for what you want out of life and then there is always someone worse off than you also, there purpose is to keep you thankful for what you do have.






I would really like to thank all my precious friends and family back home for all the letters, postcards, emails, photos and gifts you have been sending me over the last three months. Even just a couple of lines in an email can really lift you spirits at times. My wall of NZ is growing all the time and it always a special feeling when I hang the next item up, it is almost like a little ritual I have. (Yes hairsprings have sent me loopy and if anyone has got a padded cell up for rent I maybe requiring it shortly, he he he. Not really.) The wall has grown alot since this picture was taken!



Life her in Champreveyres is actually pretty great if you close your eyes, don't eat anything and just absorb the attmosphere. There are some really special people I have met from all over the world that make my time here in Switzerland so much more bearable. Last weekend a group of ten of us went out for chocolate and coffee. It wasn't a huge expense but it just made me feel like I was human again and that there is something out there besides the walls at Champreveyres and WOSTEP.

1 comment:

Ahdub said...

The chocolate outing was a real nice one. It would be nice to do it again in the coming weekends.